DEADLINE: MONDAY NOVEMBER 7TH, 2022
- must be 18 years or older
- can be emerging or established
- must be able to communicate in English or Spanish
- $20 US for 1-3 images of separate artworks
- artists can submit more than once if they would like more than 3 artworks to be considered
- entry fees are NOT refundable and do NOT guarantee entry into the exhibition
- photography (digital or traditional darkroom)
- the work can have small accents of other media which should consume no more than 20% of the composition
Gallery Ring looks for originality, mastery of medium, strong overall design and composition and a solid, arresting impression and intention in each photograph.
The BEST IN SHOW winner will receive:
- an interview with Gallery Ring which will be posted at the very beginning of the exhibition alongside the biography and winning photograph
- a digital Award Certificate
- a special, digital Award Page announcing the news which is ideal for sharing on social media platforms
Many other awards are available including the Diamond Award of Excellence, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Awards, Crystal Awards and others.
- only 1 artwork and 1 frontal viewpoint per image is permissible
- cannot exceed 2MB
- in jpg format (NO PNG PLEASE)
- files must be labeled as LAST NAME-Title of Art.jpg (example: JONES-Sunrise.jpg)
- cropped to show only the artwork - frames, mat, other backgrounds and watermarks are unacceptable
- clear, without glares and in focus
Artist Statement : (recommended but not required)
- maximum 150 words
An artist statement is written in the first person and explains the artist’s purpose and inspiration for his or her overall practice or for the pieces submitted. It does NOT give the life story of the artist - that is a biography.
- will not be a factor during the jurying process but will be displayed in the exhibition for the top award winners
- will be edited if it surpasses the word limit or if it is structurally and/or grammatically incorrect
Notification of results:
- all photographers will be notified about the results regarding their submissions via email when the show is posted online (approximately between one and two weeks after the respective deadline)
- this is when artists will receive their digital Award Certificates and Award Pages
All accepted photographs will be displayed with name and title of work. Photographer's contact information will be published only if requested.
Photographs do not have to be for sale. Gallery Ring does not handle sales or take a commission but will direct inquiries to the photographer.
Upon submission, entrants will automatically be added to Gallery Ring’s email list and will receive future announcements and newsletters. If the entrants prefer not to be on this list, they can email Gallery Ring and be removed.
- once the submission deadline has been reached, no image substitutions or changes will be permitted
- all artwork must be original and not done with help from teachers or be copied from work by other artists or photographers
- artwork that's offensive, violent, vulgar, distasteful or negative in any way against humans, animals or the planet is unacceptable
- extreme nudity may be deemed unacceptable
- artwork that is political is unacceptable
- artwork must not have been previously shown on this site
- all decisions regarding exhibitions and winners are final
- all selected artwork must remain in the exhibition for the entire duration - early withdrawals are not permitted
- artists' contact information will not be shared with external parties or groups
- Gallery Ring reserves the right to cancel, extend or change exhibition dates or content at any time
Click here to submit.